Filter and sort
About the walkers for older people in Gerialife
A walker It is an essential help for the elderly. A very useful tool to facilitate the mobility of elderly people who need to move safely and in a comfortable way. The adult walkers They also help older people to walk with stability.
In short, a walker It makes life easier for people with reduced mobility, who earn for life and independence.
Types of walkers for the elderly
There are various types of Walkers for the elderly, although they can be summarized in three types: walkers with wheels, without wheels and folding:
- Walkers without wheels: Light walkers ideal for the interior of the home.
- Two -wheeler: They are designed with two front wheels and two hind legs with non -slip tacos. They are also light and preferable to the interior of the home. By incorporating two front wheels, the user can move more easily.
- Four -wheelers: They are the most complete and ideal walkers for external use.
- Folding Anders: All types of walkers can be foldable. To do this, ensure that the selected model has this possibility. The folding allows better storage and transport.
It is also important to distinguish between walkers for the interior or outside, since their characteristics change depending on the use that will be given.
The Interior walkers They have a smaller size that allows passing through narrow halls and doors more easily. There are without wheels and with two front wheels.
The Outdoor Anders They have a more robust and stable structure, have four wheels and accessories such as baskets or seats. These types of walkers require the use of brakes when having four wheels. There are two types of brakes:
- Brakes in the handle, that are activated when pressing them. It is a system similar to that of a bicycle and is designed for people with some mobility that allows them to act without problems.
- Pressure brakes. They are activated when the walker push down, supporting small tacos that will reduce the speed. This type of braking is indicated for people with little mobility.
To take into account when choosing adult walkers
First, we will have to evaluate whether the walker will be used only inside or will also be used abroad.
Once we are clear about the use that will be given to the walker, we will have to select the characteristics that you must have to adapt to our needs:
- Materials: Anders can be made of aluminum or steel. Choose aluminum if you value lightness and steel if you value the resistance.
- Wheels: There are walkers with wheels and without wheels. Walkers with wheels can have two to four wheels.
- Brakes: Anders who have four wheels need to have brakes for greater safety. The brakes can usually be operated from the handles or by pressure.
- Creased: Choose a walker that can be folded if you need to store or transport it.
- Non -slip tacos: Anders who do not have wheels or only two wheels require the use of non -slip tacos for greater security.
- Seat: Some walkers have a seat so that the elderly can rest safely in case of fatigue. They can even have a support and rest.
- Basket: There is also the possibility that the walker incorporates a basket to store objects or purchase.
- Height: It refers to the ability to regulate the height of the walker to accommodate the user's needs.
Discover the walker that best suits your needs
|Folding walker without wheels||Folding with two wheels||Folding walker without double handle wheels||2 -wheel folding walker, seat and backrest||2 -wheeled and blue folding walker||4 -wheel folding large blue roller color blue||4 -wheel and handle folding walker||4 wheel folding and pressure brakes||4 -wheel folding and light brakes in handles|
|Use||Internal||Internal||Internal||Internal and external||Internal and external||External||External||External||External|
|Wheels||Without wheels||2 wheels||Without wheels||2 wheels||2 wheels||4 large wheels||4 wheels||4 wheels||4 wheels|
|Brakes||Does not require||Does not require||Does not require||Does not require||Does not require||In Manetas||In Manetas||By pressure (they are activated when exerting strength on the pumps, dropping the body's weight on the fists)||In Manetas|
|Blocking||Does not require||Does not require||Does not require||Does not require||Does not require||Yeah||Yeah||Does not require||Yeah|
|Non -slip tacos||Yeah||Yeah||Yeah||Yeah||Yeah||Does not require||Does not require||Yeah||Does not require|
|Weight||2.5 kg.||2.45 kg.||2.5 kg.||4.1 kg.||4.1 kg.||6.7 kg.||6.8 kg.||6.86 kg.||6.5 kg.|
|Supported weight||100 kg.||100 kg.||100 kg.||100 kg.||100 kg.||100 kg.||110 kg.||110 kg.||100 kg.|